QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
3. WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM VARIOUS SOURCES
4. WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
5. YOUR CHOICES
6. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
8. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
9. OTHER SITES
10. UNITED STATES ONLY
12. CONTACT US
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECTWe (and the vendors we hire to perform business functions on our behalf) and third parties who have integrated their technologies into our platforms and services may collect, receive, and develop several categories of personal information about you depending on the nature of your interactions with us:
Identifiers: We may collect your name, e-mail address.
Demographic and Classification Information: We may collect your zip code, age, gender, race, and political affiliation.
Browser, Usage, and Device Information: We use tracking tools like cookies and pixels to automatically collect information about your interactions with our Platforms, such as your IP address and other unique identifiers for the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device ("Device"), including the hardware model and mobile network information. We collect information about your use of the Platforms, including your browser type; operating system.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATIONWe may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your questions and requests;
- To provide customer service;
- To communicate with you about your account and activities on the Platforms, such as changes to any Research.fm policy;
- To administer the Platforms; help diagnose problems with our servers; and facilitate site navigation;
- To conduct Platform analytics and operations and to analyze trends;
- For market research;
- To improve the Platforms and keep our Platforms fresh and interesting to our visitors;
- For security and safety purposes, such as protecting against cyber threats; protecting our rights and the rights of our customers and subscribers; detecting, investigating, or preventing fraud and other illegal activities; and responding to legal and regulatory compliance obligations;
- To verify your identity; and
- For other lawful purposes disclosed at the time we collect your information or otherwise with your consent.
3. WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM VARIOUS SOURCESDirectly from you: We, as well as our service providers, collect personal information directly from you when you use the Platforms, for example we request personal information prior to permitting you to take surveys to see if you qualify for the survey you are taking.
Automatically from your devices: We, as well as service providers, may use a variety of tracking tools and technologies that automatically or passively collect information like Browser/Usage/Device Information any time you visit or interact with the Platforms to make the survey taking more user friendly
Vendors and service providers: We receive personal information about you from our vendors and service providers we hire to help us run our business, including those companies that host, protect, or operate our Platforms; analyze data; provide customer service; send emails for us; conduct surveys.
We combine information: When we get information from other sources, we may combine that with information we already have. We may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online or through the Platforms. We may also aggregate your information with other consumers; information to understand preferences and trends within your peer group over time.
4. WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OTHERSWe may share personal information as described below:
Affiliates: We may share personal information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership with Research.fm.
Vendors and service providers: We may share personal information with vendors and service providers we hire to help us run our business, including those companies that host, protect, or operate our Platforms; analyze data; provide customer service, send emails for us; process payments; conduct surveys; fulfill orders; run our promotional activities and contests; or provide marketing, analytics, and advertising services.
Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to the Platforms, your information may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and may be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Other disclosures: We may share personal information for other reasons we may describe to you from time to time as permitted by law.
Non-personal information: We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated such that it does not identify or relate to you, with other parties for any purpose. This may include aggregated user statistics about the Platforms or aggregated demographic information about our users.
5. YOUR CHOICESCookies: To learn how you can reject or delete cookies from us or other companies, please refer to your browser's help menu. Deleting or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with our Platform. To delete or disable flash cookies, please click here. If you disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on our Platform may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account(s). In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests. To learn how to change your device identifier or mobile advertising ID, please refer to your device's help menu or other instructions.
Do Not Track: Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, and our systems are not configured to recognize Do Not Track headers or signals from some or all browsers.
Access to Your Information: If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your personal information we have collected or received, you may contact us at the address or e-mail provided below. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain personal information about you. We are under no obligation to store such personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information.
6. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTSAs of January 1, 2020, California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their personal information is shared with third parties for the third partiesâ€™ direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties for the third partiesâ€™ direct marketing purposes.
As of January 1, 2020, if you reside in California, you also have the right to make the following requests with respect to your personal information:
Access: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the following: (i) the categories of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which we have collected personal information about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; (iv) the categories of personal information that we have sold about you and the categories of outside parties to whom the personal information was sold; (v) the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for our business purposes and the categories of suppliers to whom the personal information was disclosed; and (vi) the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
Deletion: You can request that we delete the personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Research.fm: http://www.research.fm
Right to be free from discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. Note that for purposes of these rights, personal information does not include information about job applicants, employees, and other of our personnel collected in the employment context.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent identifies himself/herself/itself as an authorized agent.
We also want California residents to know the following:
- We disclose each of the foregoing categories of personal information to our service providers, business and advertising partners, advertising networks, data analytics providers, and social networks.
- We may "sell" the following categories of personal information: identifiers; personal information categories listed in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e); commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity; geolocation data; and inferences.
You can exercise these rights online by clicking the links set forth below, by emailing us at applicable link below, or by calling us at the number set forth below:
7. CHILDRENThe Platform is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the parent/guardian's consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATIONWe use certain reasonable security measures designed to help protect your personal information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Platforms and provide us with your information at your own risk.
9. OTHER SITESThe Platforms may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from service providers, advertisers, sponsors and/or partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding or co-marketing agreement. We do not control, recommend or endorse, and are not responsible for, these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other websites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit personal Information, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of our Platforms (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
10. UNITED STATES ONLYThe Platforms are governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of, the United States, and are intended for the enjoyment of residents of the United States. Research.fm makes no representation that the Platforms are governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation.
12. CONTACT USIf you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, the practices of the Platforms, or your experiences with the Platforms, please contact us at:
Critical Mass Media, Inc.
c/o Legal Department
20880 Stone Oak Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78258
By Email: email@example.com
By Phone: 1-877-686-0999